Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions about Easiteach Next Generation.
If you don’t find what you are looking for below, then you will find further questions and answers here. You can also contact technical support.
- Can I obtain additional manuals for Easiteach Next Generation?
Yes, you can print or save them from the application via the ‘e’ menu > Help, whereby a PDF version of the manual will open.
- Which file format should I use to share my Easiteach Next Generation files?
If you want to share files created in Easiteach Next Generation with users that do not have Easiteach Next Generation, you can export files in the common file format (CFF) of .iwb (interactive whiteboard) via the ‘e’ menu > Save as option, choosing the ‘Export file as CFF (*.iwb)’ option from the secondary menu. Browse to where you want to export the file to and name it. Other users can now open this file in different applications that support the common file format ‘.iwb’.
- Can I open files which were created in other interactive whiteboard software?
If you want to view files which were created in other interactive whiteboard software, you can if the files are saved in the common file format (CFF) of ‘.iwb’ (interactive whiteboard). Import the file via the ‘e’ menu > Open option, choosing the ‘Import file as CFF (*.iwb)’ option from the secondary menu and browsing for the file you wish to import.
- How can I change the default language of Easiteach?
You can switch between languages using the ‘Choose my default language’ drop down menu within the My Easiteach configuration tool (accessed via the ‘e’ menu or start up screen). You must select ‘OK’ for the changes to take effect. When you select a new language, the application automatically updates to reflect this and will include all areas of the main application and widgets (where possible). The languages currently available are: English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Chinese (Chinese (Simplified)), Dutch, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (Latin American), Polish, Italian and Spanish. Other languages to be included are Arabic, Malaysian, Catalan, Galician and Basque, hopefully included in the release at the end of May 2010.
- Does Easiteach Next Generation retain my settings when I uninstall and reinstall the software on the same PC?
Yes, Easiteach Next Generation does retain your settings (currently set in the My Easiteach menu) if you uninstall and reinstall the application on your PC. The config file doesn’t get removed when you uninstall, so if you reinstall Easiteach Next Generation it will retain the settings you previously had. If you no longer require these settings, these can be changed by going to My Easiteach via the ‘e’ menu and updating your required settings. Remember to select the ‘OK’ button for the updates to take effect.
- Can I change the position of the toolbars?
Yes, the position of the toolbars can be changed from displaying at the bottom of the screen to displaying at the top by accessing the My Easiteach menu via the ‘e’ menu and selecting the ‘default location of main toolbars’ option. You must select ‘OK’ for the changes to take effect.
- Can I use my own media files in Easiteach Next Generation or can I only use the ones included in the multimedia bank?
Yes, you can import your own media into Easiteach Next Generation via the Multimedia menu. Select the Multimedia menu and select the ‘My Files’ button. This will allow you to browse to the file you wish to import. Once it displays on screen you can click and drag it to your required position on the screen. To delete an item select the cross button in the right hand corner of the item when you are viewing it in the Multimedia Bank.
- Are there any limitations on the size of any media files I incorporate in an activity?
There are currently no limitations on the size of media files imported into Easiteach Next Generation. Consequently there is no limit on the overall size of an Easiteach Next Generation file.
- Is there a maximum page count in Easiteach Next Generation?
There is a maximum of 200 pages per file, but it is unexpected that anyone will require a file with this number of pages.
- What might cause pages to load slowly?
Large images, animations or sound files on pages will slow down page loading.
- Can I use content created in earlier versions of Easiteach in Easiteach Next Generation?
If you have saved the document as an .iwb file (functionality which was only available in Easiteach PC version 3.6), then yes, it is possible to use previous content and open it in Easiteach Next Generation (see the instructions in FAQ number 6 for more information). Unfortunately, if the document was last saved as any other format, then it is not possible to use it, so it would need to recreated in Easiteach Next Generation. Easiteach 3.6 is not available for Mac so it is recommended that you make any file conversions on PC.
Owners of Easiteach 3.4 and 3.5 can get a free upgrade to Easiteach 3.6 for PC by clicking here.
- How compatible with Becta’s interactive whiteboard common file format (.iwb) is this version of Easiteach Next Generation?
This version of the application meets some aspects of Becta’s .iwb common file format and we are currently working towards meeting more, if not all, in future releases of the application.
- When I try to install the application, I receive the following error message: ‘“Easiteach Installer.mpkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.’ What should I do?
This occurs when the ‘Gatekeeper’ functionality is enabled in Mac operating systems, blocking the installation of applications downloaded from the internet that are not from the Mac Store or are from unidentified developers. To install Easiteach, complete the following steps:
1. In ‘Finder’, right click the icon of the application ‘Easiteach Installer.mpkg’.
2. Select ‘Open’ from the menu.
3. In the dialogue box that appears, select ‘Open’ to begin the installation.